Below, you will find detailed information on what Cookies are, which type of Cookies this website uses, how to disable them in your web browser and how to specifically prevent third party Cookies from being installed to your device.
- What are Cookies?
Cookies are files that websites or applications install in the user’s browser or device (smartphone, tablet or smart TV) while browsing websites or applications, and they are used to store information about your visit.
- ensure webpage functionality;
- store user preferences such as language and font;
- get to know the user’s browsing experience; and
- collect anonymous statistics such as webpages the user has visited or the time spent in the website.
Using Cookies allows for the improving of the browsing experience by adapting the information and services offered for the interest of the user in order to provide a better experience when visiting the website.
- Type, purpose and functionality
Cookies, depending on their lifespan, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. Session Cookies expire when the user closes his/her browser. Permanent Cookies expire once the objective of their use is achieved (e.g., for a user to remain identified in a website) or when they are manually deleted.
Moreover, and for their purpose, Cookies are classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary (technical): Cookies that are essential for the page to work correctly. They are usually generated when the user visits a website or logs in it, and they are used to identify the user at the website, for the following:
- To keep the user logged in, even after leaving the website, so that he/she can still be identified when returning while using the same browser or device, thus improving the browsing experience.
- Verify if the user is authorized to access certain services or areas within the website.
- Performance: Cookies are used to improve browsing experience and optimize the functioning of the website; for example, to save service configurations or a purchase in the shopping cart.
- Advertisement: Cookies that gather information on the ads displayed for the users at a website. There are two types:
- Anonymous: They only gather information on the ads displayed at a website, not the user exposed to it. That is, they do not directly identify the user.
- Customized: They gather the website user’s personal information by a third party to customize advertisements.
- Geolocation: These Cookies are used to identify which country or region the user is at when using a website, to offer the user proper content and services according to his/her location.
- Analytics: They gather information on the website user’s browsing experience, usually anonymously, even though sometimes they distinctly identify the user and obtain reports on the user’s interests in the services offered by the website.
- Cookies used in this website
The table below contains the Cookies that are used in this website, including an “intrusion level” criteria, from 1 to 3, in which:
Level 1: is for strictly necessary Cookies to provide the service requested by the user.
Level 2: is for performance Cookies (anonymous) necessary to maintain content and browsing, and the user must be informed of their use.
Level 3: is for third party Cookies that allow user tracking in websites that are not property of SOCIEDAD DE PROMOCIÓN EXTERIOR DE LANZAROTE, SA. They are usually related with advertisement Cookies or analytical ones where the user is explicitly identified.
- Disabling Cookies
If the user wants to, it is possible to disable browser’s Cookies, or Cookies from a particular service.
It is possible to change Cookies configuration in all current browsers. This is usually found in the browser’s “Options” or “Preferences” menu.
The browser‘s configuration; for example:
Other third party tools available online allow the user to identify the Cookies at each website they visit and disable them (for example, Ghostery).
- What happens when Cookies are disabled?
Some functionalities and services may be disabled or offer a different experience than the expected. For example, remaining identified, keeping your purchases in a “shopping cart” in an e-commerce service, or receiving information according to your location, among others.
- Cookies Policy Update
SOCIEDAD DE PROMOCIÓN EXTERIOR DE LANZAROTE, SA may modify its Cookies Policy as per laws or to comply with the Spanish Data Protection Law. Therefore, it is recommended that users periodically review this Policy.
If significant changes are made to the Cookies Policy, users will be notified at the website or by email, if registered users.