Guide for obtaining permits to film in Lanzarote

Inicio / Filming in Lanzarote / Permits to film in Lanzarote

The type of permits needed will depend on the island locations included in the work plan. The exact permit needed will depend on the competent authority in each location. These include Cabildo, National Parks, Department of Ecological Transition of the Government of the Canary Islands, Directorate General of Traffic, Department of Environment of the Cabildo de Lanzarote, Town Councils and municipal offices, etc., and will depend on which body is responsible for the management and authorisation of the use of these areas (beaches, natural areas, roads, heritage buildings, public buildings or infrastructures, private properties, etc.).

A digital signature is needed to submit applications to the digital office, and this requires a number identifying you as a resident in Spain. If you do not have a digital signature, we recommend that you contact a production services agency based in Lanzarote that can help to speed up the process.

Any planned filming with drones will require further permits in addition to those required for filming in order to comply with the requirements established by AESA and by the competent administration, depending on the location of the site in question and especially if it is within a protected area or within the domains of Timanfaya NP.

Protected areas and natural environments

Timanfaya National Park

All professional work (filming, advertising projects, photographic reports, etc.) must be authorised by the Timanfaya National Park Management.

To apply to carry out any audiovisual project, the attached "Impreso de Solicitud de Actividades Profesionales" (Professional Activities Application Form), must be presented duly completed and signed, detailing a statement of motives for filming, the means to be used, the area of action and the personnel who will execute the project, as well as a work plan to be developed.

Please note: Whenever the Park Management authorises an activity, the author is obliged to send a copy of the work carried out in the park together with the raw files of the images.

Once the application form has been completed, it should be sent by e-mail to the following address:, with the following documents attached:

To submit the application, you may use any of the aforementioned channels, and you must submit the following documentation:

  • Professional Activities Application Form.
  • Photocopy of the National ID card, Passport or Residence Card of the natural persons who are going to carry out the work.
  • In the event that additional documentation is required to justify the activity applied for, the following must be attached:
    • Detailed justification of the project.
    • Work plan.

Applications must be submitted at least 20 calendar days before the date on which the activity is intended to take place.

If you have any queries about these procedures, please contact the park administration offices on: Tel: +34 928 118 046 / +34 928 118 049.

Protected Natural Spaces

In Lanzarote there are numerous natural areas that are protected due to their fragility and environmental importance. To carry out professional and commercial film, television, video and photography activities in protected natural areas, it is compulsory to request permission from the Environment Department of the Cabildo de Lanzarote, giving between 1 and 3 months' notice, depending on the size of the audiovisual project.

Applications for permission to film in locations which are Protected Natural Areas, must show full details of the filming, date, duration, technical equipment, exact location, number of people, human and technical resources, as well as any other information relevant to the location where permission is requested.

To this end, a general application form must be sent to the Environment Service of the Cabildo de Lanzarote attaching the "Modelo de Solicitud Medio Ambiente" (Environment Application Form), via the following link:

If you have any queries about these procedures, please contact the Environment Department of the Cabildo de Lanzarote by telephone on +34 928 810 100 Ext: 2440 / 2283 / 2289 / 2279 or by email:

The technicians in charge of the area will issue a report in which they will specify the restrictions specific to each space, and the local councils involved in each of the locations must be contacted with this report in order to process the municipal permit.

You can consult the list of Natural Spaces of Lanzarote in the following links of the GRAFCAN platform of the Government of the Canary Islands:


Isla de La Graciosa

The state-owned "Isla de la Graciosa", which is part of the National Parks Autonomous Body, obligatorily requires administrative authorisation for the exercise of any professional activity by third parties, in accordance with Law 33/2003, of 3 November, on the Assets of Public Administrations. In order to carry out professional and commercial film, television, video and photography activities on "Isla de la Graciosa", three permits must be obtained; one from the La Graciosa Island Centre, another from the Environment Service of the Cabildo de Lanzarote, because the island is in the Chinijo Archipelago Natural Park, and another from Teguise Town Council.

Applications must show full details of the filming, date, duration, technical crew, exact location, number of people, crew and technical team, as well as any other relevant information.

Interested parties must submit the application to the digital office of the Ministry for Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, using a digital certificate as signature, in the case of individuals, and the signature of a representative. In order to identify themselves, they need a digital certificate (issued by the FNMT), a digital ID card (DNI e) or to obtain the PIN 24 by authenticating through the Government of Spain's CLAVE gateway.

Only in the case of natural persons may they opt for non-digital processing (article 14 of Law 39/2015, of 1 October, on the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations), in which case they must send the application together with a copy of the document proving their identity (National ID card, foreigner's number [NIE] or passport) to the registry of the National Parks Autonomous Body (C/ Hernani, 59, 28020 Madrid) or submit it at any of the registry offices of the Public Administrations in accordance with the provisions of Law 39/2015, of 1 October, on the Procedure of the Public Administrations.

For more information:

Centro Isla de La Graciosa
c/. Los Dragos, s/n cc. Los Charcos-local 5
35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Tel.: +34 928 592 956

Application form

Digital office:

Coasts and beaches

To carry out both professional and commercial film, television, video and photography activities on the coastline and beaches of Lanzarote, authorisation must be requested from the Regional Ministry of Ecological Transition, Fight against Climate Change and Territorial Planning by filling in the attached application form "8061 - Solicitud de autorización de uso u ocupación " (Application for authorisation of use or occupation) (link) and sending it to the digital office located at the following address:

It is advisable to apply for this permit more than 2 months before the start of the activities, as the dossier is complemented by other reports issued by autonomous and local bodies with jurisdiction, and these will have one month to evaluate their reports. Once the documentation provided has been examined and authorisation has been granted, the fee for occupation of the maritime-terrestrial public domain must be paid in favour of the State Administration.

It is recommended to provide as much information as possible about the project and the specific location for which authorisation is requested.

Contact details:
Coastal Authorities of the Government of the Canary Islands.

Tel: +34 928 11 52 42 / 43 / 44 / 45

Public places, infraestructures and heritage sites


To film in public spaces in Lanzarote it is necessary to obtain permission from the corresponding local council. The procedures for applying for filming permits are conditioned by the municipality in which you want to film.

Applications must be submitted as a general application indicating all the details of the filming, type, date, duration, technical equipment, exact location, number of people, human and technical resources, as well as any other information relevant to the location where the permit is requested. Applications can be submitted online at the digital office of the corresponding municipality:


Filming, videoing and recording on Lanzarote's roads requires authorisation from the competent authorities, which may be the municipal police when the stretches of road are located in municipalities, or the Directorate General of Traffic (DGT) in the case of regional roads.

In the latter case, the corresponding application for authorisation must be submitted at least 20 days before the date on which the activity is to be carried out, at the DGT's digital office (in English) and accompanied by the documentation indicated below:

Description of the project, which should contain:

  • Provision of data, documents or background information, if available, related to this project.
  • Description and justification of the activity to be carried out, listing the human and material resources that will be involved in the shooting, filming or photographic reportage:
  • Dates
  • No. of days planned
  • Timetable
  • Specification of number of persons, type of equipment to be used
  • Identification of participating vehicles
  • Name of the road and kilometre point
  • Definition of the type of occupation or traffic interruption on the road to be occupied:
    1. Hard shoulder only
    2. Partially one way
    3. Fully one-way traffic
    4. Partially two-way traffic
    5. Fully two-way traffic

Proof of payment of the 1.4 fee (around €20) must be enclosed and can be paid online (in English) with digital ID, or at the cash desk (by card) or by bank transfer.

If you have any doubts, you can contact the Provincial Traffic office in Las Palmas by telephone:

Phone: (+34) 928.38.56.91
Fax: (+34) 928.36.02.91


Filming, videoing, advertising projects and photographic reports carried out in the César Manrique-Lanzarote Airport facilities require the corresponding authorisation from the Airport Management. Requests should be addressed to the attention of the Commercial Management Department. The contact details are:

Jacqueline Nebreda Ávila
Jefa de Sección Gestión Comercial
Aeropuerto César Manrique-Lanzarote
Oficinas Aena
San Bartolomé – Las Palmas 35509
Teléfono 928 846 025

Authorisations for filming permits shall always be subject to the operational conditions of the airport. No filming will be authorised if it disrupts the normal operation of the airport.

The application must detail the type of recording, filming or report in question, its objective; description of the scenes to be filmed; requested filming areas, indicating whether you wish to film in the air: roads, hangars, platforms, runways, etc.; number of days of filming and proposed dates and times; approximate number of people who will access the facilities, including technical and artistic teams; description of the technical means to be used, including the estimated number of vehicles; technical needs or services required from the Airport.

Fees for filming can be consulted on the following website:

Centres for Art, Culture and Tourism (CACT)

To obtain authorisation for access to Lanzarote's CACT tourist centre network for the purpose of prospecting visits, influencers, photo sessions and/or filming, it is necessary to fill in all the information on the form found here (available in English):

The request must be made at least 5 working days in advance.
More information:
Attention: Marketing Department CACT Lanzarote:

Tlf: +34928801500 ext: 155

César Manrique Foundation (FCM)

To apply for recording permissions at the FCM it is necessary to fill in this online form.  online form.

Tel: +34 928 843 138


Additional permits to fly UAS/Drones

Drones, regardless of their size and use, are considered aircraft, as defined by the national and international legislation to which they are subject.

There is a legal framework that regulates their use and allows for the safe development of the remotely piloted aircraft sector, covering so-called drones or UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems). You will find full information on the national and EU regulations applicable to drones/UAS on the AESA website (Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea):

ENAIRE is the provider of communications, navigation and surveillance services throughout Spanish airspace and at the airports in the Aena network:

ENAIRE has created the ENAIRE Drones application that is available to all citizens and designed to help any DRONE/UAS pilot or operator, whether professional or amateur, to plan the flight of their DRONE/UAS safely.

Tools are also made available to DRONE/UAS pilots and operators for the consultation of NOTAME (NOtice To AirMen) as well as Insignia for accessing aeronautical information in digital and integrated format

How do you fly drones in airspace controlled by ENAIRE?

Regarding the flight of UAS / DRONES for filming and recording in Lanzarote, filmmakers must also take into account that 51% of the island’s territory is declared a Protected Natural Spaces or is included within the Special Protection Area for Birds (SPA) of the Natura 2000 Network. Authorisation is required from the Environment Service of the Cabildo de Lanzarote to fly in these areas.